Innovation Academy Student Ambassadors are involved in a wide range of activities, including conducting information sessions, coordinating IA visitation days, serving on IA committees, and acting as a liaison between Innovation Academy and IA students, families, and guests. Ambassadors will enhance their leadership abilities, teamwork, and communication skills while serving as an IA Ambassador, in addition to networking with professionals, potential employers, and UF faculty and staff.
Applicants must be available for an in-person interview on April 9th, 2017, to be conducted between 12pm and 4pm and are expected to attend Staff Training on May.
Interested students must to show a high level of involvement and familiarity with UF and campus resources, pride in the Innovation Academy and aspire to serve as professional role models for the IA program and its members. Ambassadors will receive training and resources to fulfill their role representing this UF signature program.
|March 20th||Applications open at 8AM|
|March 20-28th||Ambassador visiting IA classes|
Info sessions hosted by Advisor Ayesha Mian and IA Ambassadors-
6PM in Beaty Commons
|March 30th||Applications Close at 11:59PM|
|March 31st||Applications reviewed for Eligibility and Interview Consideration|
|April 1st||Interview Invitations emailed|
|April 9th||Interview held 12pm-4pm on Beaty Classroom|
|April 13th||Selection notification|
|May 11th||Attend First Summer Staff meeting|
Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Conduct information sessions for prospective students and families
- Serve as a liaison for guest speakers and workshop leaders
- Develop, coordinate, and execute all aspects of IA visitation days
- Complete special projects related to the Innovation Academy
- Serve on at least one IA committee: Recruitment, Social, etc.
- Build relationships with students in the IA Program
- Possess a desire to learn, grow, benefit from, and teach others about the Innovation Academy
- Maintain professionalism, including responsibility, dependability and punctuality
- Enhance leadership abilities, teamwork, and communication skills
- Work with UF staff, current Innovation Academy students, and prospective students & families
- Broaden IA contacts among UF faculty, staff, students, and administration
- Opportunities to network with professionals and potential employers
- Maintain full time student status (minimum of 12 credits in the Spring and Summer semesters)
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 UF GPA
- Complete at least ONE semester of coursework at UF prior to serving as an ambassador
- Provide at least a one year (2 enrolled semesters) commitment to the IA Ambassador Program
- Be in good academic and student conduct standing with the University of Florida
- Must be enrolled in coursework leading to the successful completion of the Innovation Minor
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, passion and pride for the Innovation Academy
Questions should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.